How to Register a Company in Singapore?
In the Asia region, Singapore is known for providing an encouraging environment for companies that are looking to grab new opportunities. The strong supervisory framework along with a constant political & economic structure, firm judicial system as well as an amazing business government have formed an ideal platform for investment.
So, if you are planning to start your business in Singapore and looking for registration help then HeySara is a one-stop solution for you. With just a few clicks, HeySara registers a Singapore company online that further helps in saving your time as well as money.
HeySara will assist you to paddle successfully through the difficult and boring registration process involved in setting up a company in Singapore that too within your budget. In Singapore, foreigners are not permitted to self-register their company and require consultation of local business registration providers to register a new business.
However, one of the perfect ways to start or relocate your business in Singapore is to set up a private limited company. According to the Singapore Companies Act, individuals who are above the age of 18 years can apply for registration of a company in Singapore.
Process of Registering a Company in Singapore
To register a company in Singapore, you need to follow simple steps that are stated below:
Step 1: For your company name, get the approval from ACRA
The very first step for registering a company in Singapore requires the approval of a company’s name from ACRA. If you keep a few things in your mind then the chances of approval are higher. Following the below-stated points can help you:
- Always ensure that the name is unique, meaningful, simple to read and there is no usage of discourteous words.
- The company’s name should be completely free from copyright issues and should not invade any trademark.
- Your company name might also require approval from the higher authority if words like Media, Bank, Educational, and Finance are involved in the company’s name.
- Once the name of the company is approved, it will be reserved for 60 days automatically from the date of application.
Step 2: To set up a company in Singapore, you need to prepare the documents
- Company name listed with ACRA
- A short explanation of business doings
- Details of Singapore listed address of the company
- Details of shareholders, directors and company secretary
- Foreign businesspersons need to submit a copy of their passport along with residential address proof
- Overseas companies should also submit Memorandum & Articles of Associations
- Residents of Singapore should give their copy of Singapore ID card
Step 3: Submit your application to ACRA
Once the approval of the company name is given, apply for the company registration. Arrange the documents and submit your application to ACRA.
By following the above-stated steps you can register a company in Singapore.
Therefore, if you need to hire a cheap corporate secretary in Singapore for the company then HeySara can help you out.